Education Provider Grants
FACT BUCKS COUNTY POLICY STATEMENT
Government funding for AIDS related programming has, from the onset of the epidemic, been sparse. To help ease this burden in Bucks, Hunterdon, and Mercer Counties, FACT Bucks County was formed as the first chapter of FACT – Fighting Aids Continuously Together.
FACT Bucks County is an organization of concerned people committed to raising money to assist individuals and families affected and effected by HIV and to conquer the HIV/AIDS crisis within Bucks, Hunterdon, and Mercer Counties. FACT identifies, supports, and monitors programs that provide direct and educational services. FACT’s mission is to alleviate suffering, reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS and to provide an improved quality of life to those affected by HIV/AIDS.
GOALS OF FUNDRAISING
- To provide grants to nonprofit Health and Human Service agencies and organizations providing direct HIV related services within the community, or conducting prevention education programming.
- To provide contingency funding to assist in meeting the needs of persons with HIV/AIDS who are experiencing financial emergency or hardship. The contingency funding is requested by providers and is anonymous with eligibility guidelines.
APPLYING ORGANIZATION SUPPORT GRANTS
FACT Bucks County’s grant program is overseen by its Board of Directors, Grant Committee and Executive Committee. Committees review proposals and recommendations are submitted to the Board for approval. Grants are for non-profit organizations serving our region.
Although proposals are accepted at any time throughout the year, a Request for Grant will be sent out to previously funded, non-profit Health and Human Service agencies and organizations annually.
Agencies approved for funding will be sent an award notification letter and contract delineating the terms and conditions of the award. The agency’s or organization’s responsible officer must sign the contract.
Grantees must agree to:
- Use monies solely for the purpose requested and approved by FACT Bucks Counties grant committee.
- Provide written annual reports and documentation.
- Notify FACT of any significant changes in financial conditions, charitable status, key staff, etc.
In addition, the agency or organization acknowledges that it will receive its funding contingent upon FACT Bucks County’s ability to generate the sufficient funding needed.
Proposals should be sent to:
FACT Bucks County
Attention Grant Committee
Post Office Box 72
New Hope, Pennsylvania 18938
Funds are granted for specific activities, program services and the like, not for general operating expenses nor salaries.
To be considered, proposals must include the following:
- Data on Agency/Organization
- Name, address and telephone number
- Proof of non-profit status
- Most recent audited financial statements
- A copy of your organization’s bylaws
- A list of officers and directors
- Proof of insurance
- A description of programs and/or services provided by your organization
Proposed Use of Funds
- A detailed description of program or services for which funding is sought, including outcome objectives, plan of action, staff responsible for implementing the plan and their qualifications.
- An itemized budget
- A financial plan showing how the project will be funded, including other possible sources of support and funds which have been pledged and/or received to date.
- An evaluation plan detailing criteria and methods to be used and staff responsible for the evaluation.